This conference will focus on the rituals, chant, and texts of the Dominican liturgy during the medieval period, after the reform of the Rite under the Master of the Order Humbert of Romans (1256). Attention will also be paid to recent manuscript discoveries for the Translation of the Relics of St Thomas Aquinas (1368/69).
- Margot Fassler, University of Notre Dame, USA
- Eleanor Giraud, University of Limerick, Ireland
- Dominik Jurczak, O.P., International Dominican Liturgical Commission, Rome
- Constant Mews, Monash University, Australia
- M. Michèle Mulchahey, Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies, Toronto
- Marika Räsänen, University of Turku, Finland
- Innocent Smith, O.P., St Mary’s Seminary and University, Maryland, USA
- Richard Sundt, University of Oregon, USA
- Augustine Thompson, O.P., Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies, Toronto
Sessions will be held in person.
Registration is free but is required to attend sessions. Due to enthusiastic interest, capacity has been reached and therefore registration has been closed. To everyone who has registered in advance, we look forward to seeing you at the conference.
To download the programme as a PDF, please click here.
To view the programme online, please click here.
Liturgies in Dominican Chant will be open to the general public, and will take place at St Basil’s Church, 50 St Joseph Street, Toronto.
SOLEMN VESPERS OF ST THOMAS AQUINAS, C. D.
Monday, March 6, 5:00 p.m.
SOLEMN MASS OF ST THOMAS AQUINAS, C. D.
Tuesday, March 7, 2:30 p.m.
Dominican Institute of Toronto • Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies • Leonard E. Boyle Chair in Manuscript Studies • Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies • University of St Michael’s College • Basilian Fathers • Centre for Medieval Studies • Institute for Christian Studies
For more information, please contact Cynthia Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.